Woah!! 38?? I'm bewildered myself! Unlike last week, I feel like I have an abundance of energy now! Yesterday especially. Usually going to Cranbrook to grocery shop takes it out of me - but yesterday on top of shopping, I made two soups, dinner, and still felt like I needed to dance around and burn energy at 9PM. It was weird, but I felt great! Today, not as much energy, but still feeling good! It will be interesting to see what our doctor says tomorrow at our weekly check up. Last week I was 0 cm dilated and his head hadn't dropped. So who knows! Even though
I delivered Penelope vaginally, I really don't have a clue what labour is going to feel like or what to expect from beginning to end. I have visualized and mentally prepared with hypnobirthing, but I really don't know what's coming! I am excited, calm, ready, and in no rush. "My baby knows how and when to be born, and I am patient" (one of my affirmations!). The braxton hicks contractions have intensified, and sometimes come fairly frequently, but unless it continues to increase/intensify it's not 'real labour'. At 38 weeks, he is the size of a winter melon! And somewhere around 6.5-7.5 pounds. The doctor showed us how we are charting and she thinks he will be 7.5 pounds at 40 weeks. We will see!
Penelope had one or two days where everything made her cry, but I think she made some sort of leap after/during it. She now refuses blended/baby food (which took us 5 days to get the memo), she climbed down 4 stairs as if she had done it 100 times (it was her first time...??), and her understanding for questions and words continues to soar. It's been a different but really fascinating week to watch her change preferences and perspectives. When we are out, she is so eager to interact with anyone. If she can make eye contact, she waves, smiles, and if we are at home, she wants to show off her toys and skills. It's pretty dang cute.
With my energy surge return, I was able to make a few more yummy things to stock our freezer with for post-partum meals (underlined means linked):
Slow Cooker Enchilada with Orzo (I added chicken breast)
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
My Chicken Carcass Soup
Slow Cooker Tomato Kale Quinoa Soup
I plan to make a Slow Cooker Coconut Curry and these Superfood Breakfast Bars tomorrow too.
A short post, but Mark and I both think baby is coming this weekend... For now, I will end in gratitude:
- Drives to Cranbrook are one hour and it's a nice time for Penelope to nap and for me to enjoy the scenery, listen to affirmations and to relax. I enjoy it! Probably the last big grocery haul until baby comes!
- Sunshine in Fernie! It was nicer here than in Cranbrook AND Calgary today. WHAT! It rained, but it was sunny too!
- My protein shakes have been BANGIN' lately. Why? Vanilla Whey and espresso mostly. (frozen bananas, almond butter, almond milk, espresso, spinach, collagen, MCT oil and vanilla whey are also in the mix!)
- Longer walks. Knowing I hadn't dilated at all at 37 weeks, I was more confident to walk longer and push myself just a bit more. It feels good. I'm listening to my body though!
- Oh She Glows Every Day, the book. My friend gifted it to me today! Which means more inspiring recipes! I'm excited!
- Finding something good on Netflix (CANIGETANAMEN). A show called "The Get Down". We started it last night. The music and costumes/set are awesome. Are you watching it??
- Meeting more pregos! I met some beautiful women at my friend's baby shower this past weekend, and I know we will get to know eachother more once our babies come. I love the mountain mama vibe that Fernie has! No shortage of amazing people and families here.
Until next week..! Baby??? We will see!
Sending love from the mountains,